UNIVERSITI MALAYSIA SABAH (UMS) envisioned being an innovative university of global standing, we aim to gain international recognition through learning and teaching, research and publication, social services and a balanced specialization of knowledge and personality development of students resulting in highly productive graduates of exceptional quality in the context of society and the nation.
With excellence in aspirations and pursuits as driving force and our main goal, we invite suitably qualified, dynamic, creative and innovative candidates to join us in this quest and fill the following positions and fields:
- Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer/ Associate Professor/ Professor
- School of Science and Technology
- School of Business and Economics
- Borneo Marine Research Institute
- School of Arts
- Biotechnology Research Institute
- School of Psychology and Social Work
- Psychology and Social Health Research Unit
- Institute for Tropical Biology and Conservation
- School of Social Sciences
- School of Engineering and Information Technology
- Ethnography and Development Research Unit
- School of Food Science and Nutrition
- School of Education and Social Development
- School of International Tropical Forestry
- School of Medical
- School of Sustainable Agriculture
- Labuan School of International Business and Finance
- Centre for the Promotion of Knowledge and Language Learning
-Possess at least a Masters Degree in relevant fields.
-PhD in relevant field will be a distinct advantage
-Tertiary qualifications must be recognized by the Malaysian Public Service Department (http://www.interactive.jpa.gov.my/webinteraktif/frmMainIktiraf.asp)
-Applicants from the public services (government, statutory bodies and local authorities) must attach a consent letter from Head of Department.
-Excellent command of spoken and written English. Good personality and interpersonal skills.
-Possess a passion to teach, to acquire and share knowledge, committed to active research, and to pioneer new ideas.
How to apply:
Interested candidates with the right qualifications and experience are invited to view detailed information on the areas of specializations needed and welcomed to apply through our online application, UMS e-jobs by visiting - http://ejobs.ums.edu.my/index.php
UMS academia recruitment is open throughout the year. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview. Applicants who do not hear from the university within six months after the submission of their applications are considered unsuccessful.